Friday, August 5, 2011

Walking Forward

Jess just received a very heartfelt and encouraging message from Tom, a Marine whose war was in Vietnam. He writes that it's okay to look over your shoulder, as long as you are doing it while waking forward. Here is a passage from his email:

"
I am also a Marine, my war was Vietnam and even though my experiences were much easier than hers I carried them with me a very long time and all of us, be in Vietnam, Iraq or any other war, carry those things with us the rest of our lives. The key is replacing those experiences with many more positive ones, over a very long period of time. There is another side, it just takes a long time to process and deal with it. It is OK to look over your shoulder, just do it walking forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great...